Your home is a reflection of your choices, and while style and aesthetics are aspects that matter, you need to be practical in your design ambitions. If you have decided to spend on bathroom remodeling, the foremost step is to make a memo of what you want to achieve. A full bathroom remodel project is about changing everything, while in other cases, people just want a few basic upgrades. In this post, we are sharing some of the best bathroom remodeling for every home.
- Find a good contractor. Believe it or not, hiring the right remodeling contractor can resolve most of your worries. Find a service that’s licensed, insured, and has been in the industry for at least a while. Ask for references and client details if need be, and do check a few photos of their recent projects.
- Be smart with the budget. While you may have an amount in mind about how much you wish to spend on bathroom remodeling project, but don’t be adamant on that. Based on what you expect and the overall work involved, the contractor would be able to offer an estimate. You need to keep at least 10% of that as the contingency budget.
- Save where you can. Unless absolutely required, you don’t want to spend on changing all plumbing lines. Make sure that you save what’s possible. For instance, you can remove the old fittings and get new ones, but that may not require changing the current layout for plumbing.
- Use the big wall. No matter whether you have a small bathroom or a large one, you should consider getting a big mirror for the largest wall. This just helps in creating an illusion of space, and the room will feel bigger. Another good option is to use the biggest wall for storage needs. Talk to the contractor to know the best storage options for conventional homes.
- Keep the schedule in check. Okay, most homeowners believe that can just hire a contractor and be done with the bathroom remodeling project. As a client, you have to keep up with the changes and ensure that the work is done as per schedule. Before you sign the contract, check all the inclusions and exclusions and make sure that all details are mentioned on paper, including the workflow.
Check online for bathroom remodeling contractors and ask for an appointment to discuss things further.