There’s nothing like enjoying a cup of coffee with close friends in your living room. Living rooms are functional spaces for sure, but are often interpreted as an extension of the homeowner’s personal choice in interiors. If you want to add more warmth and a sense of coziness to the living room, we have a few ideas that may come in handy.
- Invest in a freestanding fireplace. Constructing a fireplace may mean rehauling the entire room, but that isn’t true for freestanding fireplaces. You can check online for Preway fireplace for sale, and this doesn’t have to cost a bomb either. For those cold winters, this is also a practical choice.
- Add more wood. Wooden furniture and standalone pieces can add a lot of warmth to the interiors, regardless of the room. Wood has this capability to retain heat, and living rooms with wooden elements ooze comfort.
- Throw in those warm textiles. You have to check online to find rugs, throws, and carpets, which are the cheapest means to add some soft comfort and warmth. Warm textiles are easy to integrate within the existing space of your home, so there is no rearrangement required.
- Include more of décor elements. If you want your living room to feel more intimate and comfortable, you have to get things like potpourri, candles and diffusers. Candles and oil diffusers are great for evenings.
- Go soft with lighting. Another idea that works really well is soft lighting. You have to check for ways to add warmth through lights. Instead of bright white lights, go for yellow tones, and try and include more of softer lights in the fall ceiling or around the walls.
- Change the wallpaper. If you don’t mind spending a tad more on redoing your living room, go for a wallpaper change, and instead of bright colors, go for more stylish warm tones. You will find wallpapers that have textures and have been designed to replicate materials such as wood.
- Add in the metals. Besides wood, metals like brass and copper also add a visual layer of warmth to the living area. You can work around with a lot of wall art pieces, or can choose décor items that have such motifs.
Finally, do consider buying vintage furniture. Vintage furniture is not only stylish and beautiful, but also adds that retro & welcoming appeal to the interiors.